Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year.

Hi everyone.  I'm hoping to be able to blog this year.  After quite a few changes around the house, last year,  quilting slowed down.  Now I'm really hoping to pick it back up.
I started quilting about 3 years ago.  A now really good friend started working with me.  I wanted to start a new craft and she was a quilter.  One day I asked her if she would be willing to teach me, she said yes, and that night I went out a bought a sewing machine, iron and ironing board ;)  I went to work the next day and told her I got a sewing machine, she looked at me like I was crazy.  I'm not sure she was completely as eager to teach as I was to learn.  She told me to go to a local quilt store and get a set of fat quarters, not to worry if I think they don't match.  That night, of course I was at the store.  Looking around I was quite overwhelmed.  I made my way back to black and white section and bought a set.  Of course since the set was only black and white I had no worries if it matched.

So that is the first attempt at a quilt.  Lots of problems along the way but overall a wonderful start to a new craft.  Also the lady teaching me quilt has a book Dreaming in Color

No comments:

Post a Comment