Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014!

I thought it would be fun to share what I cook.  Every week I plan out a menu.  For 2014 I am trying to eat plant based 5 days a week and 2 days a week eat some meat if I want to.  I think cutting back on meat eating will be great for many reasons.  I will eat more vegetables and beans, this is great for my health.  I will save money, meat prices have certainly been on the rise.  I will help the environment, I do lots of things around the house to reduce my carbon footprint and this is really one of the last things I need to do.

Cookbook for the week  Happy Herbivore Light and Lean


Saturday Jan 4  Loaded Mexican baked potato (pg 195)


Sunday Jan 5 breakfast pancakes with fruit,
Lunch Scott’s burrito (pg 101)
Dinner Italian bowl (pg 95)


Monday Jan 6
Dinner:Meatloaf bites (pg 79) mashed potatoes, veggies


Tuesday Jan 7 Thai tacos (pg 64)


Wednesday Jan 8 bbq salad (pg 133)


Thursday Jan 9 bangkok curry (pg 163), brown rice


Friday Jan 10 Steak, parmesan greens (pg 181), roasted potatoes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment