Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy New Year

Okay I'm late as always.  This year is going really well so far.  My New Years resolution included getting more sleep and I have been doing that.  I have been busy recently.  I am helping out as co program chair for the Indianapolis Quilt Guild.  I was a bit out of sorts for the first meeting but feel I will be much more prepared for the next ones.  Not that I will know all of the answers but I have been putting in lots of time learning about the coming speakers and their workshops.  There are some very exciting people joining us this year and I am really excited about all of them.
Mary Huey joined us for the first meeting and she really did inspire me.   I have been using fabric that has been sitting on my shelves for awhile and thinking of ways to rework some UFOs I may never finish.
As for sewing I did lots today.  The weather cooled down quite a bit and I thought I need a scarf.   I'm not sure how I ran across this blog the other day but I'm certainly glad I did.  Sew homegrown from Japan has this great pattern for an infinity scarf made with just 2 fat quarters.  I had fun putting this together and it went quite quickly.
That isn't a great photo but it really is a great scarf.  I still need to do the hand quilting and remove the gray basting stitches.  I can see making many of these as gifts.  

Here's some photos I took during the first lecture for the guild.  I was sitting in the very back of room at the workshop table.  So these photos don't show lots of detail.  I hope for the February meeting to move much closer to the stage during the lecture but we'll see how that works.  







Happy Quilting
CDC

No comments:

Post a Comment