Friday, November 25, 2011

Hope everyone in the USA had a great Thanksgiving!

Yesterday we had a busy day cooking.  I don't do the big part of the meal, Turkey, but I do try and add some tasty sides and desserts.  I made wild rice and bacon stuffing, holiday salad and apple cake.   As you can see I certainly love checking out others blogs, not just crafting and quilting but many other things as well.  My sister made a wonderful pumpkin pie and quite yummy peanut butter fudge.  I loved all of the things we made and while I'm not sure every member of the family did, there was plenty of food for all.  It is certainly nice watching the kids play with other kids in the family.  Those relationships have been fun to watch grow.

I have been getting back into the sewing room.   I am trying to have a less plastic Christmas.  I don't see any chance the house will be completely void of plastic, it has been fun thinking of ways to reduce it.  I am making many gifts so my black Friday shopping included two of my favorite local quilt shops!  I am working on those gifts and well as a new quilt "top" which I will use for the back of topsy turvy nine patch.  

I hope everyone had a great start to the Holiday season!  If you have any fun sewing gift ideas in mind I would love to hear about them.

Happy Quilting
CDC

No comments:

Post a Comment