Sunday, January 8, 2012

A few things I did today.

The day started with some really yummy sausage gravy and homemade biscuits.  The sausage was from a local producer, Smoking Goose.  It makes great gravy but I also think it will be great on a pizza so that will probably be the way I use it next time I get it.  I made the biscuits just a tad sweeter than I normally would since the sausage was a sage, apple one.  Overall a very rich but tasty was to start the day.
Next I was in the sewing room but not to sew.  I needed to clean this space.  Fabric was really everywhere.  Christmas fabric in piles, fabric pulled for the zillions of ideas going through my head.  There are so many I'm having a hard time staying focus.  I needed to get those fabrics out of the way and work with more focus.   I called my sister up because she has plans for a patchwork cape.  I thought while organizing the fabric she could see what I have for her to work with.  Of course that got her mind working in overdrive as well.  She was great and really helped me fold fabric.  I have the fabric all back on my shelves!  Now there is nothing fancy about my sewing area but I will show you a picture of this area in it's okay not really that neat but still 95% better condition than it was this morning.    This shelving was meant to be used in the closet but do to bad planning on my part it really doesn't fit that well in the closet and now is used in the corner of the room. 


My sister and I also worked on one other project today, wine making.  I started wine making just a little over 1 year ago.  Groupon had a deal for a wine making kit Dec 30, 2010.  This is easy to remember because it is also dear J's birthday.  The first one we made was a Chianti, then we made a Pinot Gris and a green apple Riesling.  The next one which is still being made is a Cabernet Sauvignon from fresh grapes.  Now we are also making a Zinfandel Shiraz blend.  This has been a fun hobby but plans are plans are in the works for quite a few more to be made and storage will soon be a problem.  J is planning to make some shelving so soon enough that will need to happen.  In 2 weeks the Zin blend will be bottled and then will we start a limited release South African Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon.  That will be about 60 bottles of wine with plans to make a California Petite Sirah/Zinfandel and also Spanish Matador Trio Red which will quickly push that total to 120 bottles and then the Cabernet Sauvignon should be really to bottle making that total closer to 150.  Oh my the tally is getting up there but that I will only need a few other styles and I should have a nice wine to match nearly every style I would want to serve on hand.  
Here's a look at the 2 wines we are currently making.
 And a look at the kit we used for the Zinfandel/Shiraz. 

Happy Quilting
CDC
 

1 comment:

  1. Wine making? You are a woman of many talents :) How fun.

    ReplyDelete