Saturday, January 21, 2012

Everyone Deserves Music

I love this song by Michael Franti & Spearhead.  Last night was the first night I thought I could actually play some music while quilting.  It started when the kids turned on their music out in the playroom.  I was in the sewing room and got into a nice rhythm while the music was on and thought I should bring the laptop up and turn on pandora.  As I'm finishing up all the blocks for the zig zag quilt Everyone Deserves Music came on and I was reminded this is probably my favorite song right now.  What a great way to complete and fun night of Friday Night Sew In.   I should really thank the FNSI ladies.  Without them I really doubt I would have sewed last night.  Even though this was a short work week, it seemed like one that would never end.  After dinner I think I should start catching up on Project Runway all stars and then think I should go up and sew, since I do sign up and say I would.  The music and sewing made for a fun night and as time flew I was able to complete all 41 blocks for the quilt plus 2 extras!

I used a jelly roll for these blocks.  I haven't used many of moda's cuts of fabric.  I have used one set of charm packs to make coasters and I'm still using a layer cake to do a BOM quilt, which I'm a bit behind on but hope to get completed soon.  The line was Ruby by Bonnie & Camille.  I had brought this as a gift for someone but then changed my mind and gave her another gift.  Then I saw the zig zag quilt on moda's bakeshop.  They used a layer cake but one of the comments asked why not use a jellyroll that is when the idea to use the jellyroll I had to make this quilt.  I love the look of fabic "waving"throughout a quilt.  Here's a look at a possible layout for my blocks and all the fun blocks I was able to finish last night. 



I think this will be my Valentine's Day quilt.  The colors are perfect for this up coming holiday. 

Happy Quilting 
CDC

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You can't go far wrong with some Bonnie & Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive night you had! Your blocks are beautiful. I just love Ruby by Bonnie and Camille..I am thinking about picking up a few when I go to the U.S. in March. The shipping to Thailand is too expensive. :( I think I need to make a fabric shopping list.

    I can't wait to see your finish valentine quilt. I have a layer cake still wait to be used.

    Hope you have a great week! :)
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete