Sunday, August 14, 2011

FNSI sign up are ready!

Today worked out well.  I worked on cutting out the "background" for the wonky Christmas quilt.  I figured if I got all this cutting done I would be ready to go for Friday Night Sew In.  Once done cutting, setting out the block to take a look and take a few pictures, I decide to get ready for my post.  I come to my blog a decide why not check and see if sign ups for FNSI are ready and low and behold they were.  If you have time this Friday (the 19th) to sew you should join in on the fun.  Go to Heidi's blog for the sign ups.

It was great getting back in the sewing room today.  I have no idea how addicted I am to sewing until I can't do it.  All week I have been thinking about new quilts and projects.  I do plan to keep working on my BOM and do the billboard quit along.  I really want to try some of my own machine quilting so I've been watching some videos and reading Mary Mashuta's book Foolproof Machine Quilting.  I have loved it so far and I'm certainly excited to give this a try.

Now for a look at the quilt.  I think it is actually pretty nice and seems like it should make a great Christmas quilt.


Here is the great backing fabric.  Once I ordered this I started putting more blues in the blocks hoping it would work and I think it will.



Happy Quilting
CDC

No comments:

Post a Comment