Sunday, August 7, 2011

So much fun stuff going on

First off I did it!  I got all the blocks made for my Christmas quilt.  It is looking pretty country right now so at this point it is my crazy wonky Christmas quilt.  Hopefully the background choices from Sweetwater's Countdown to Christmas will help make it a bit more modern.  If not I think it should still be a pretty fun Christmas quilt and if not the front, the back is a great piece from Kate Spain's 12 days of Christmas line, which I got for a great price at Fat Quarter Shop recent sale.  It was 5 yards of moda fabric for I think 28.50, it was fabric from the designer's mystery quilt 2010.  I love it and if nothing else it will be a great quilt on the backside.  Here's a look at the blocks laid out on the floor, I still need to cut out the 8 inch background squares.  


I have decided to join another quilt along!  This one is sounds like a ton of fun, making a billboard quilt.  You should definitely check it out here billboard-quilt-along I'm trying to think of some fun 3 word phrases to put on my quilt so far I'm thinking of choosing one of these DREAM, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE or MAKE IT WORK or ENJOY YOUR DAY.  The first is very nice and strong, the second is fun and would be great for the sewing room and the last is nice, simple, and sweet.  Do any of you have any thoughts as to which they would make or have something even better?

Also check out my give away in the post below, I picked out some fun fabrics someone will win.  

Happy Quilting
CDC

2 comments:

  1. I am going to join that quilt along too! It should be fun :)

    I have no doubt your sunkissed quilt will be just as beautiful. Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun seeing what everyone says for their billboard quilts. Thanks for stopping by again.

    ReplyDelete