Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm sensitive

Recently I have discovered I can no longer eat mussels.  I have tried it 3 times in the past 1 1/2 years and every time they make me one super sick lady late in the middle of the night.  I've blamed everything I can but the common link in all of these is the mussels.  I used to eat an entire pot by myself and have no problems, the other night I only had 5 or 6 and still my body rejected them.  Now on Sunday night I'm working on the wonky Christmas quilt.  This quilt has lots of unwashed fabric, for some reason I didn't wash the Christmas fabric and so I just continued on and the background fabric wasn't washed either.  My eyes got pretty dry with sewing and I must have at some point rubbed my eyelid.  While getting ready for bed I notice my right eyelid is quite itchy, as I look closer it is also blistered.  The only thing I did different that day was work with unwashed fabric so my eyelid skin must be very sensitive to the chemicals used.  Lesson learned quickly this time, unlike my mussel experience.  I will wash fabric as soon as I bring it home from now on.  I'm hoping to get a bit of sewing done tonight but thought I would share how my body seems to be turning against me ;)

Happy Quilting
CDC

No comments:

Post a Comment